- Jordi Garcia and Fernando Cerrada are the only athletes to have won this race in the Junior and Senior categories.
- Martín Fiz has taken part in 15 editions since 1982.
- Athletes from over 30 countries have participated in this crosscountry championship since its inauguration.
- In the first international editions, the athletes received their prizes in kind, (rifles, sewing machines, watches, television sets, etc.).
- Mariano Haro and Belen Azpeitia have won the Juan Muguerza International Cross Country Race most times in the men’s and women’s senior categories respectively.
- 9 Olympic champions have taken part in the race.9 campeones olímpicos.
Photography: Mintxeta Atletismo Taldea.
- Mamo Wolde had to borrow Gipuzkoan athlete Belén Azpetia’s runners at one edition land ended up winning the race.
- Ethiopians won all levels in 1964 while the Kenyans did so in 2001.
- In 1.981, call participants having already arrived in Elgoibar, he race had to be suspended because of heavy snow.
- Athletes from 12 different countries have won in the different categories.
- The five-time cross country world champion and bronze medallist in 10,000 metres in the Sydney Olympic Games, PAUL TERGAT, won the 1999 edition.
- The great Ethiopian champion Haile Grebreselasie ran during the building works in 1993 and came in second after his Ethiopian master Fita Bayesa.
Photography Mintxeta Atletismo Taldea.
- We were extremely fortunate to be able to watch the six-time cross country world champion Kenenisa Bekele win at the 60th edition. Elgoibar was his first competition in Spain and he was delighted with the welcome he was given.
- In 2004 Kenyan Chebbi surprised us with his third win and expressed his wish to equal Mamo Wolde and Mariano Haro and win four editions.
- In 1979 Englishman Mike McLeod came first and, 25 years later, his son Ryan McLeod won in the junior category with the English federation.
- Sisters Wude and Hiwot Ayalew won the cross country race in 2012 and 2014 respectively. In 2012, Hiwot came second after her sister.
- In 2015 cross-country race two new countries are added as a winners, Eritrea with Teklemarian Medhin and Bahrein with Mimi Belete.